As the title indicate, this is an entry for my next modelling project
The RAF Tornado GR-1 "Gulf Killer" from the 20th Squadron of Tabuk Airbase Saudi Arabia.
Deployed for Operation Desert Storm in 1991.
This build is to give support to the local modelling society Group Build: Operation Desert Storm which will be held in January 2011. A few months away and the time is not on my side..
As usual, before beginning any new project, i would do some research for the subject and this will be the first time i posted the resources in my blog for ease of referring and updating. Also at the same time hopefully this will help other modeler as well.
* All the photos is not mine, all were collected by the help of Google*
- All Desert Storm related information in 1 place
- Excellent build of the "Gulf Killer" Tornado --> i'll follow his build
- Tornado specific from the above site
- The kit review --> i'll be using the same kit.(1/48 Italeri Tornado IDS)
- Another excellent build review -- follow this as well
- Another excellent build for Tornado -- good build reference
Gunze H346 / FS30279
The kit i'm using will be the IDS version of the tornado. To make it as a GR-1 i need to add a few things
1.The antenna on the spine
2. Refueling probe.
Wish me luck...
http://kumanworks.110mb.com - version 3 in Progress